lol! the happy bubbe: My Sleepover with Zemeira

the happy bubbe

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My Sleepover with Zemeira

the happy bubbe
Zemeira spent the night with me last night, all by herself! No brothers or sisters, just she and I. It was such a blast! I realized there are things I did with everyone else that I hadn't done with her. We watched Cinderella, the Rogers and Hammerstein version with Brandy and Whoopi Goldberg. Zemeira loves musicals (seven brides for seven brothers is her current favorite). But in the ballroom scene she and I got up and danced around the livingroom. At that moment I realized she and I hadn't done that before. All her life there has been another "kid" to dance with, so she didn't need me for a partner.Zemeira and I have done a lot of things together but it seems there are many things we still have yet to do. She thought she would be big enough to sleep on the couch alone, but wound up on the floor beside me. Mike taught a computer class last night so it was a perfect girl night.
We baked blueberry muffins and after dinner had rootbeer floats! We put her hair up in sponge rollers and after all that girlie tubby time we watched Heidi with Shirley Temple. She was concerned that her hair was too long to have Shirley Temple curls, but she did. She must have had a great night too, because when I went to wake her up this morning, she was laughing out loud in her sleep!!!
I am told she is home now, snoring fast asleep from her sleepover! I guess we wore each other out!

1 Comments:

  • "In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different." -- Coco Chanel

    By Blogger Heather, at 12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home