lol! the happy bubbe: Making Hats

the happy bubbe

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Making Hats


the happy bubbe
I spent the day making hats yesterday. My daughter is studying for her Master knitters certificate, my granddaughters ages 10,9 and 4 are knitting and I can't! I have tried, but I can't. I managed a washcloth size once and went back to crocheting, IMEDIATELY! So yesterday I made two hats. They are hats for my husband's Aunt Barbara. She has lung cancer and is going through Chemo. One is a fun floppy hat for out of doors and the other is for sleeping. Until my sister-in-laws mother had breast cancer, I didn't realize that hats were needed for sleeping because of the heat loss out of the top of their heads. So I made a very soft bernat Frenzy hat that will be cuddle soft for nighttime moments and a floppy hat to keep the sun off her face. Mike's mom asked me to do this for her sister. What an honor that is to me. She doesn't ask me for very much so this means a lot to me. We haven't seen Mike's Aunt Barbara since Charlotte was pregnant with Brian, so over 31 years. My grandchildren, Tirzah and Kezzi are also making her caps to wear. What sweet girls they are. Since Tirzah is on bed rest because of her HSP, this is a good outlet for her. I can't wait to see them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home