lol! the happy bubbe: getting up

the happy bubbe

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

getting up

the happy bubbe
I found this quote today.
"It isn’t how many times you fall that counts, it is getting up each time that matters."
an author wasn't given.

There is a Proverb that is similar Proverbs 24:16 says"For a righteous man may fall seven times And rise again, But the wicked shall fall by calamity. " KJV

The Message put it this way...
"No matter how many times you trip them up, God-loyal people don't stay down long; Soon they're up on their feet, while the wicked end up flat on their faces. "

I feel like I have been falling down a lot lately; fights with family members, arguing over things that are literally of no consequence. I keep finding myself back on my feet, but badly bruised. My goal is to not stay down long and to heal quickly.

Years ago, my favorite song was "Warrior is a child" by Twila Paris. And I am not a child any longer. But I still fall down, I still drop my sword and I still am thankful Jesus is there to hold me and heal my aches and pains.

My biggest struggle now is for those I have hurt that don't have the Lord Jesus to pick them up and heal them.

The New Century version puts Prov 24:16 this way
"Even though good people may be bothered by trouble seven times, they are never defeated, but the wicked are overwhelmed by trouble. "

They are overwhelmed by trouble, they are flat on their faces, and calamity seems to be their middle names. I know the only way they will ever stand erect is with Jesus. Yet they chose to reject His hands, His nail scarred, compassionate hands and remain fallen. Their position is already the perfect position for one that is lost to be in. Prostrate before God is where learning to kneel begins and standing in God's Presence is great joy.

The falling and failing will still happen, but the rising up is so healing. A heart change, not a change in position is all it takes. May my heart always be supple enough to change and yield to Jesus. Here is to getting up, again and again and again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home