lol! the happy bubbe: Itching to plant!

the happy bubbe

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Itching to plant!

the happy bubbe
Today is another day! Another day of rain and a possibility of snow. Now I really love spring snow, it is big and flaky, it melts quickly... but today I have roses to plant! I have never had roses to plant and I really want to get my hands dirty! I want to prepare the land, but I have to wait, I want to soak the bare-roots but I can't, and I want to see where the sun is brightest, BUT I haven't seen it! But the snow will be so pretty so I will enjoy it and wait.

I told you about my favorite Fairy tale Snow White and Rose Red. It is a family favorite. It is my Mama's favorite, my sister Chris' favorite (she is the rose expert) and it is my eldest granddaughters favorite. And just like the fairy tale One is fair and blonde and the other is exotic and dark. The snow white rose I plant will be Tirzah's. I am hoping to fine a JFK for the white rose, but she likes anastasia best, and we may choose a Home and Family tree instead. Kezzi's will be The Mr Lincoln tree and bush I bought. It is the perfect red as long as it doesn't get reflected light which can cause them to get too dark purply. So it is a bit moody, like our sweet granddaughter. And as red as her lips.

Now the other rose I bought is for my far away granddaughter and her mama. It is called a Tiffany rose. They love Tiffany's and the soft pink is Kayla's favorite color. And the frangrance will be the light baby fragrance I remember from when I held her. She was so pink and perfect when I last saw her. It is the perfect rose for her. It is specal for them. Tiffany's is Syrena's favorite store, she talks about it all the time and Matt seems to bless her with the sweetest treasures from there when he can. It will bring them close to me and the fragrance when they arrive will fill our home with thoughts of them.

I hope to have roses for all our grandchildren so that they can always say..That is My rose! See how HAPPY they make our Bubbe. I want a very patriotic garden to mirror the life we have lived. It will take time (and sales like the one I accidently stumbled on to) . When it is done...how grand it will be. We will be surrounded with beauty and the fragrance of love and Family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home