lol! the happy bubbe: The joy in the seeking

the happy bubbe

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The joy in the seeking

the happy bubbe The Joy in the seeking. I think that is what I am seeking, the joy. Mike and I had a "discussion" the other day which led me to looking at real estate "ANYWHERE" . You see, I am a Military wife and if the job is done, I want new orders or if we are blocked from doing the job, I want new orders. I really don't even care about the where; as long as we are doing what we are suppose to be doing, together. I really don't like circling the wilderness wondering when we get to enter into the promise. I love the promise; I have held tightly to the promise for so long that the word sabbatical seems a lie. You know how much you hate being put on hold when you call a tech. company for answers? That is how I feel! Now when they do finally give you the answer and the fix actually works, you are happy. Happy is something I am used to, it is totally experience based. I have great experiences. If the outcome is good the situation deems I be happy about it; if it is bad, so is my reaction. After all I am the HAPPY Bubbe! However Joy is suppose to be a constant under current in my life. No matter the situation, no matter the outcome the result is to be joy. The lessons learned in the wilderness are just as important as the lessons learned at Jericho. Any lesson learned is worth the journey, isn't it? What I have never liked is the wait. The wait is part of the journey, the when, where and how parts always excite me. The “who” we meet along the way always enriches me. But the wait? There I struggle. SO is the joy there? Always! There is Joy in the Lord, always. There is also anticipation, which in His hands is in the least molding my character. Mike is better at waiting for God than I am. I have always been better at scripting how I believe things should come about. He is (yes I am going to say it...) always right and I am always apologizing to him and to God. All this comes down to, if I am seeking the Joy, it is truly the Lord I am seeking. He promises if I seek Him I will be found by Him. Abandonment? Joy in abandonment? Is release and abandonment the same thing? Time to contemplate. Join me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home