lol! the happy bubbe: Encouragement Along The Way

the happy bubbe

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Encouragement Along The Way

I discovered that title on a blog this week and decided to check it out. I was so surprised to find it on Somerschool, it has been years since I have talked to Scott and Marcia. Here they are in blog world and I didn't even know it. I was so glad to read how well they and their children are doing. But still, there is that title to contend with! You see it is MINE! It truly does belong to me. It is the Title of my book, Encouragement Along The Way, A devotional and Journal for Homeschooling parents. I love how God uses a simple thing like a book title to lead me to old friends. Heatherly and I had so much fun reading the kids' blogs and gasping at their ages and upcoming weddings. You see, she was their babysitter as a teen-ager. So much of how they were as children is visible in their blogs as adults. Mike is gallant as an knight that ever rode through Camelot and Christina's made me laugh as I read about her name conundrum and recalled her own mother's struggle over Marcie. I still have the hardest time calling her Marcia.
Reading their lives made me miss the everyday adventures of Homeschooling. I still enjoy the moments when the grandchildren are showing me they can read. Baking, sewing and gardening are joys that we all share together, in many ways, I still get to participate. And I really don't miss the tearful days when writing a simple diagram wasn't so simple and ten math problems took two hours to accomplish. But I do miss the conversations and the wonders we shared over those moments. Every time I hear someone say they aren't allowed to talk in class, I think of those moments of self-discovery when algebra becomes discipleship 101. Not talk in class, Heaven forbid! I don't know if Scott will see my comment left on his blog reminding him I own "Encouragement Along the Way", I am just so glad he used it and I could reminisce for an evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home