lol! the happy bubbe: The Homeschooling class of 2006

the happy bubbe

Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Homeschooling class of 2006

the happy bubbe The NCHE had their convention and graduation this weekend and blogged it! I loved being able to sit in California and see America's future take the stage. Being someone that began Homeschooling Underground because our area deemed it against the law; I rejoice with the amazing strides Home Education has made. Even when it shows up as a laughing matter on the Television, I never imagined a day when it would get any kind of acknowledgement from the media. Congratulations to the Homeschool Class of 2006! Our future is in your hands!
With that I would love to share this quote from the NCHE Convention.

"I liked this: Somerville's wife had dreamed of opening a Christian pottery shop, but she gave that up to homeschool their children. However, he says, she still makes beautiful pottery... It's just that now she works with living clay."

It is the perfect reminder to the graduates of the sacrifices their parents have made for them. And a perfect reminder to the parents that what they think they are giving up, is just being used in a different manner than they imagined.

All my life (since I was 9 years old) I knew I wanted to be a writer and write about Missionaries going to far off places. I never knew I would be a missionary sent out by the church board, but by the military. Nor did I understand nor envision that the book I would write could only come about by laying down the dream and homeschooling our children. God really does understand the dreams in your heart, He puts them there. Sometimes they just take unexpected bends.

To the Homeschooling Class of 2006 May you follow the Bend God has for you and not the twists and turns the world throws at you. The road is narrow, Stick to Jesus' path for your life. Your dreams are bigger than you can imagine. Thank your parents by staying true to the truths they taught you.

1 Comments:

  • i feel old. i used to change little somerville diapers.

    By Blogger Heather, at 12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home