lol! the happy bubbe: At 50

the happy bubbe

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

At 50

the happy bubbe At fifty you would think I would have more answers than questions. At fifty I should be more confident shouldn't I? At fifty shouldn't I be more contemplative and less aggitated? And where is the peace I thought I would have? After all didn't I do everything I knew to do? And didn't I accomplish it with great gusto? I am so grateful that Jesus knows all the answers to all the questions I have even if I don't have the answer right now. I am so thankful that my mind is alert enough to ponder on somethings and clear enough to reason out other things. I reached the goals I set and even reached some I didn't know were there. So why is it the ones that seem still out of reach rattle me so? Is it because I have no control over them, because I can't make it go the way I believe it was suppose to go? Prayer is an amazing gift. It brings release even to things I didn't know I was holding on to so tightly. After all they are better off in Jesus' hands than clutched in my heart. He can do something about the things I can do nothing about at all. So maybe I have learned something in fifty years after all. When fear comes upon me I will put my trust in you Lord. His thoughts are higher than my thoughts and His ways are higher than my ways. His Word WILL NOT return void but go forward and accomplish His purpose. He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it. Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. These are truths that are engraved in my soul, written there by the hand of God Himself. At 50 I know this, I can take God at His Word and He will not fail me. At 50 I still have a lot to learn. But today at fifty, for right now, the peace has come, for today. And Today is all we are promised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home