lol! the happy bubbe: The Legacy

the happy bubbe

Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Legacy

My daughter is profound. She always has been. The depth of her answers and reflections on spiritual things always astounds me. She just gets it.
Yesterday at Bible Study I got called into the office. Not because I was misbehaving in class, although the Ooooohhh's from my daughter would have made you think so. Instead, Pastor Bob was at church preparing for a funeral so he called me into the office. It was our first face to face in 27 years, and once again, he saw me crying. This time they were happy thankful tears!
When I returned to class we were talking about 1 Cor. 2:9 and could we relate to more than we can imagine or conceive. Well, at that moment I was doing just that. I shared how my marriage was saved my being obedient to God's word.
This is where my daughter gets profound. You see I was only focusing on my marriage. She says "Mom, it created a legacy of obedience." A LEGACY! She and Sam had a room full of teens for three-four years that were exactly like her parents. A youth group that was high, drunk, and children of divorce. Mike and I are children of divorce, even our grandparents were divorced. Had we divorced, Heather would have been a child of divorce and when she and Sam hit their hard patch she would have thrown in the towel and her children would be children of divorce. Thus my saying I will Do the Word of God, Mike saying He will Obey the word of God, began a legacy of marriage. When she and Sam had their testings so many years ago now, Heather and Sam chose to stand on the word of God. When Matt and Syrena hit their hard patch, they also chose to stay together. This meeting with Pastor Bob and his willingness to speak truth to my heart instead of taking the easy way out and saying, "God does allow for divorce" set in motion a Legacy of Love.
See I told you she is deep!
However, as it is written: No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him - but God has revealed it by His Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 1 Cor. 2:9,10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home