lol! the happy bubbe: family death

the happy bubbe

Monday, December 04, 2006

family death

Death in our family is never as it should be. We have few Christians in our family and a lot of selfish, self centered people. When my Nana died, I was named after her and born on her birthday, since she and my granddaddy had gotten a divorce, her family didn't let us know for three months that she had died. Close does not describe our family, countries keep us distant from each other, but even in the same town we manage to live our lives separately. My Cousin died a few months ago of an anurisim that came up totally unexpected. She was much older than me, and I knew very little of her life as an adult, we were closer as children, I knew her family would be devestated by her loss and responded as I knew healthy families would. Now another death has occurred in our family, my niece. She had a horrible childhood filled with abuse, we had tried unsuccessfully to adopt her and her sisters, but her mom refused to give custody to any one and they were given to the State but never completely. Years later her mother would tell us she had died, arranged a funeral and we sent flowers only to discover she had not died. Not at all. So this time we went to the funeral home, how sad to have to check. Her mother was already causing problems with the arrangements and fighting my niece's husband for control. See we really don't do death well. So I wasn't surprised to find there was no visitation and no guest book at the Funeral Home and that her service will be private. Poor Tim, I so understand his desire to disconnect from the family. I will send a card and I will tell him we understand, because we do, and I will let him know we were so glad to know she Jenny had found love in her life, if only for a short while. So thankful she knew the Lord and glad her pain, physical , emotional and mental has been lifted and she is in the presense of a Loving Savior. And pray for peace to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home